BenchSci’S accessibility strategy and Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
BenchSci has developed a Multi-Year Accessibility Plan to identify the steps that BenchSci has taken to date and a road map for future actions to prevent and remove accessibility barriers. This Multi-Year Accessibility Plan will be reviewed regularly and at a minimum on an annual basis.
BenchSci will put into place appropriate strategies to meet the needs of people with all levels of ability. These strategies include:
- communicating with customers with varying abilities in ways that best meet their needs;
- enabling persons with disabilities who use assistive devices or who are accompanied by a service animal or support person to obtain, use or benefit from BenchSci’ services;
- incorporating accessibility criteria and features when procuring goods, services, or facilities;
- providing accessible websites and web content;
- providing an inclusive and accessible workplace;
- providing accessibility training to its employees; and,
- meeting these commitments in a timely manner.
Accessible Emergency Information
BenchSci is committed to providing customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
BenchSci will provide training to team members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties and responsibilities of team members.
BenchSci has taken the following steps to make sure employees are provided with the necessary training:
- Posted our Accessibility Policy and summary of training materials on our internal knowledge management system (Guru)
BenchSci will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the necessary training by January 1, 2022:
- Ensure all current employees and new employees have received the Accessibility Policy and completed AODA pieces of training relevant to their role
- Ensure all managers complete our Mental Health and Wellness training by January 1, 2022
Information and communications
BenchSci is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
BenchSci will continue to take the following steps to ensure all new websites and content on our websites conforms with WCAG 2.0, Level A:
- Review new content and ensure it is up to date with WCAG 2.0., Level A
- Make any amendments as necessary
BenchSci has taken the following steps to make sure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request:
- Identified feedback process in Accessibility Policy
- Encourage those with feedback to contact the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Team at DEI@benchsci.com or 1-437-370-8077.
- Upon request, provide publicly available information in different ways (ex: Large print, read aloud etc.)
BenchSci will take the following steps to ensure all websites and content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2022:
- Review new website content and ensure it is up to date with WCAG 2.0., Level AA
- Make any amendments as necessary
BenchSci is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We will take the following steps to notify the public and our team members that, when requested, BenchSci will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired:
- Update the online careers page with BenchSci’s commitment to accessibility
- Highlight accessibility accommodations on each job posting
- Install appropriate hardware in all meetings & gathering rooms so that remote workers can attend
BenchSci develops and puts in place individual accommodation plans and return-to-work plans for employees that have been absent due to a disability. BenchSci will take the following step to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified:
- Identify clear accommodation policy
- Provide an open forum for reporting any accessibility barriers and needed accommodation.
For more information
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Team at:
- Phone: 1-437-370-8077
- Email: DEI@BenchSci.com
Accessible formats of this document are available free of charge upon request.