Organizational commitment to accessibility
BenchSci is committed to:
- ensuring that our platform is accessible to all our customers,
- ensuring our customer service policies and processes respect and promote the dignity and independence of all customers, and
- promoting the values of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusiveness among our employees and supporting a work environment where all individuals, including those with varying abilities, are treated with dignity and respect, and
- meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner.
Legal obligations and standards
BenchSci also has legal obligations to address accessibility issues the sources of which include:
- the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”) and other applicable accessibility legislation in Canada;
- web-related standards, including the Government of Canada's standards on Web Accessibility and Web Usability, and the World Wide Web Consortium’s WCAG 2.0, level AA standard; and
- human rights legislation.
BenchSci welcomes feedback regarding the methods we use to provide services to persons with disabilities. Individuals may provide their feedback in the following ways, and accessible formats are available upon request:
- Email: DEI@BenchSci.com
- Phone: 1-437-370-8077
- Mail: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, 25 York St., 11th Floor, Toronto, ON M5J 2V5
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Team will review and assess all feedback received with respect to BenchSci's accessibility practices and policies. If the feedback is in the nature of a complaint, the comment(s) or allegation(s) will be investigated, unless they are made in bad faith, or are frivolous or vexatious. When investigating complaints, those staff who directly interacted with the complainant or those who would typically interact with the complainant, if any, will be asked to comment on the allegation(s) made in the complaint. After reviewing and investigating a complaint, the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Team will provide a written response to the individual who provided the feedback. Responses shall be provided within a reasonable amount of time and will depend on the complexity of the issues raised.
Modifications to this or other policies will not be made unless the impact of the changes on persons with disabilities has been considered. Any BenchSci policy that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities will be modified or removed.
If there are questions about this policy, or if its purpose is not understood, please contact the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Team. BenchSci encourages suggestions from the team for improving this policy and the manner in which we provide services to persons with disabilities.
Requests for AODA compliance documents
Upon request, BenchSci shall provide a copy of this documentation or other information in a format that takes into account the requestor’s disabilities in a timely manner.